Wordless Wednesday: Trick or Treat!

*  *  *

The above “Ladybug Princess” was photographed by Elizabeth O’Neal, October 28 and 31, 2010, Santa Barbara Co., California.

About Wordless Wednesday.

Elizabeth is a genealogy and family history researcher, writer, and consultant. She is easily bribed with coffee and chocolate chip cookies.

1. Cute! Am I too old for a costume like that? Jo

2. She is precious. I love little girls and their dress up.

3. Jo, Madleine, Janice and Hummer – Thank you for your comments! My daughter decided a couple months ago that she was going to be a ladybug for Halloween. I have no idea why or how she decided this, just that it was announced to me one day.

I searched for ladybug costumes online, and found a few cute ones, but decided to investigate one of those Halloween stores that popped up in Santa Maria. She walked up to this costume in the store, and informed me that THIS was the one she wanted. Period. It was more than I wanted to spend, and looks almost exactly like the bumblebee costume she wore 2 years ago, but hey, you’re only young once, right?

Thankfully, it’s big enough that she can wear it again next year, provided that she hasn’t moved on to some other flying insect costume by then!

4. The lady bug I like! The spider I don’t.. eek! hehe

5. LOL Jewel – neither did my daughter! That is, until she figured out it wasn’t real, then she thought it was funny!

6. Add my “adorable” and “precious” to the chorus of posts. Seems to me she has inherited her mother’s creativity – there are probably scores of butterflies but a lady bug princess? I’ll bet there aren’t too many of those. Yes you are only young once and yes, she will come up with another idea for next year! Thanks for sharing.

7. Fabulous, though I think that spider might be able to take her! Terrifying. And I love the shoes.

8. Awww, she looked adorable! I love that costume. My 3 year old was a snow princess :) Happy WW!

9. Charming! Love kids this age…they are so ‘into’ the dress up thing.

10. Too cute! Brings back lots of memories of my own ladybug and bumblebee. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth.