Wordless Wednesday: One Tired Dad

“One Tired Dad.” Photograph. ca. 1947. Digital image. Privately held by Elizabeth O’Neal, Santa Barbara, California, 2010.

About Wordless Wednesday.

Elizabeth is a professional genealogist, writer, and consultant. Likes: long walks in the cemetery, and the smell of old courthouse books. Dislikes: people who copy stuff off the internet without giving credit, and county clerks who can't tell the difference between Eastern and Pacific time zones. Secretly hopes her daughter will one day develop an interest in family history (but no luck so far).

Search Military Records - Fold3

1. Plum tuckered out! :) So cute!

2. I can so relate after my toddler weekend. That is a cute shot.

3. Somehow, I know how he feels! Great photo.

4. Love this photo! Absolutely perfect for Father’s Day week-end.

And I have to ask … when you put this photo into Photoshop and enlarge the photo, can you see the photographer in the Baby Moon hubcaps?

Curious minds want to know ..

Cindy

5. Cool photo!! I love old black and white photos.

6. Thanks, everyone. I can also relate to the tiredness, as I’m sure anyone with children of *any* age can! We love ‘em, but they sure can suck the life out of us!

The tuckered out dad would be my grandfather, Marvin Dagle. I think the little girl sitting next to him would be my mom, Judy. I have absolutely no idea who the other little girl is; it doesn’t look like my mother’s sister Sharon, and her cousin says it’s not her either. So I’m stumped.

Cindy, no I haven’t tried looking for a photographer in the hubcaps, but that’s certainly an interesting suggestion! My guess is that my grandmother is behind the camera, but who knows?

7. Family picnics are the best! Love the old car.

Translate »