I’m Done, I’m Done! Wait… I’m Done?

Actually, I’ve been done for a few days, but this is the first chance I’ve had to crow about it.

This past Monday, our final assignments for the ProGen Study Group were due. I turned in my proof argument juuuuuust under the wire, so I believe that I am now officially a ProGen Alumni (I hope)!

I joined the 2nd group – a.k.a. ProGen 2 – back in September 2008, and it has been a wonderful experience. I am definitely not the same genealogist, or even the same person, that I was 19 months ago when we began.

Many thanks to our fearless Coordinator, Debbie Parker Wayne, and our inspiring Mentor, Stefani Evans, CG. You both kept us on our toes and encouraged us (me) to keep going, even when it seemed like we just had to quit.

To my peer group mates: I will miss our monthly chats very much, as well as your wise input and your excellent suggestions. I look forward to our “reunion” chats in the future, and maybe even Debbie’s Challenge??

Seriously though, I’m sad that it’s over, but darn proud that I hung in there, despite herniated discs, a busy, busy preschooler, and all the other rotten tomatoes that life can hurl.

If you haven’t already done so, I highly recommend enrolling in a future ProGen Study Group. The leadership is outstanding, the price is right (free!), and you will learn more than you ever imagined you needed to know. Go to http://progenstudy.org/ today and click on the “Join Waiting List” link. I promise, you won’t regret it!

Elizabeth is a professional genealogist, writer, and consultant. Likes: long walks in the cemetery, and the smell of old courthouse books. Dislikes: people who copy stuff off the internet without giving credit, and county clerks who can't tell the difference between Eastern and Pacific time zones. Secretly hopes her daughter will one day develop an interest in family history (but no luck so far).

Search Military Records - Fold3

1. Congratulations! I am impressed that you were able to get it done with all that. I’m waiting to sign up until my oldest starts full-day kindergarten in the fall…otherwise I know I could never keep up.

2. I am truly proud of you Elizabeth and I hope that you have done the happy dance and said to you in the mirror, “Damn but I’m proud of me.” You are an inspiration and I might just join the waiting list.

Love you –
    Cindy

3. I am so happy for you Congrats!!!!
    I have been thinking about signing up, I will sign up

4. Elizabeth! I am so proud of you. Congratulations on a job well done!

5. Now that is something to be proud of. Congratulations to you.

6. Congratulations! A great achievement; I still remember how difficult it was to get a n y t h i n g done with toddlers in the house!

7. Congratulations! It’s an amazing accomplishment I hope to replicate myself in a few months.

8. Yay, Elizabeth! I will miss our monthly chats, but I look forward to our first reunion chat in September. In the meantime I’ll keep checking your blog.

9. Congratulations! Quite an accomplishment with all you have going on besides!

10. Thanks so much, everyone! I’m actually pretty proud, too, especially since there were several times when I thought I wasn’t going to get through it.

Cindy & Pat – Do sign up! You’ll enjoy it and learn more than you realized you didn’t know (does that make sense)?

Kerry – I can certainly understand waiting until your little one goes to K. We homeschool, so that day will never come in our household… unless I lose… er… change my mind. :-)

Amy – you’re almost there! Just keep telling yourself that. It really does go by quickly.

Stefani – Thanks for being a mentor and an inspiration! I’m looking forward to our reunion chat, too!

Looking forward to meeting the ProGen folks at NIGR in a couple weeks – I’ve got the ribbons ready!

Translate »