Happy Birthday, Mom

My mother, Judith Ann (Dagle) Swanay, would have been 69 years old today.

Unfortunately, she died almost 9 years ago from Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS), following what should have been a fairly routine back surgery.

In honor of her birthday, I am reposting a photo slide presentation which I created 2 years ago.

Mom, I still miss you very much. You’d be very proud of your beautiful granddaughter.

Copyright © Elizabeth O’Neal

Elizabeth is a genealogy and family history researcher, writer, and consultant. She adores good grammar and spelling, and believes the Oxford Comma is just misunderstood. Thrives on large quantities of coffee. One daughter, two rescued hounds, and a plethora of missing ancestors keep her on her toes.

1. What a beautiful tribute to your Mom! I love the slideshow that you did. You look a lot like her! Today would have been my Dad’s 79th birthday, so this really hit home for me.

2. What an absolutely beautiful tribute to your mother! Thank you so much for sharing this intimate view of her.
    She would be very proud of you!

3. “Mom” is such a complicated subject – it’s about biology, family history, identity – but most of all it is about love and acceptance. How wonderful for you and for your daughter. Your tribute to your Mom speaks volumes about who you are – how proud your mother would be of you. But I do believe that she knows. Blessings to you on this very special day.

4. What an wonderful tribute to your Mom Elizabeth…and I know that she is very proud of both you and your daughter.

My thoughts are with you on this special day.

5. Oh Elizabeth, your mother is just beautiful. I love the pictures of the two of you together. We are truly who we are because of the love of our parents, but we are especially influenced by our mothers. I can tell that Judith was a very special woman. Thanks for sharing your memories with us.

6. This is a beautiful tribute Elizabeth. Your mother was a beautiful woman. Today’s my mom’s birthday too…it would be her 86th, but she passed away at 73. It’s still a very special day…my granddaughter turns 10 today. Thank you for sharing this. I loved the slideshow.

7. Elizabeth, that was such a beautiful tribute to your mother. At a moment when I was feeling particularly low, just watching your slideshow lifted my spirits immediately. I know your mom is smiling down on you and on her granddaughter.

Renate

8. Elizabeth, this was such a loving tribute to your beautiful mother – you look so much like her! I know you must miss her so. Thank you for sharing this very special slideshow with us.

9. That’s a lovely tribute. She would indeed be proud of her granddaughter, but her daughter as well.

10. You look so much like your mother Elizabeth! This was absolutely wonderful. I know your mother is very proud of you and your family. Happy Birthday to your mother.

11. Elizabeth, I really enjoy your blog so much.

Today I was presented the “Ancestors Approved” award by Dionne Ford of the Finding Josephine Blog. As a recipient of this award I’m supposed to list ten things I have learned about any of my ancestors that has surprised, humbled, or enlightened me and pass along the award to ten other bloggers who I feel are doing their ancestors proud.

I have chosen to present you with the award. You can pick up the picture of the award on my blog post athttp://genealogyandme.blogspot.com/2010/04/treasure-chest-thursday-my-ancestor.html

Thanks for sharing your ancestor stories!

12. Thank you all for the sweet comments about my mom. I’m sure you could tell that I miss her a lot. It’s true that you go on, but you never really get over the death of a loved one.

Lori – your message was such a nice surprise this morning! Thank you for thinking of me. As soon as I get a chance, I will comply with the “rules” of the award and pass it on. :-)

Translate »