I would like to thank the kind and thoughtful ladies who have given me the Kreativ Blogger Award:
Greta, author of Greta’s Genealogy Blog,
Jennifer, author of Jennifer’s Genealogy Blog,
Felicia, author of My Nola Heritage
Tonia, author of Tonia’s Roots
Michelina, author of Preserving Heritage, and
Astrid, author of Of Trolls and Lemons (love that blog name!)
I should have done this sooner (and I’m hanging my head in shame for this serious breach of manners)… but the rules require that I tell you seven heretofore unmentioned things about myself, and I just couldn’t think of any. Seriously. My life isn’t that interesting.
So, now that I’ve had some time to think, here you go: Seven Things You Probably Didn’t Know (or care to know) About My Not-So-Fascinating Life:
1) I’m afraid of heights. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that I have a paralyzing fear of heights. I can’t even look over a second-story balcony without freezing in terror. It started at about age 12 when I got glasses for the first time and could see how far down things really are, but I suppose it’s gotten worse with age (don’t most things?).
2) I had my first and only child at age 42, after years of fighting the infertility/endometriosis battle. While I feel extremely blessed to have my daughter, I don’t think I’ll be having any more children. It’s somewhat disconcerting to think that I’ll be getting my AARP card before my daughter reaches double-digits, agewise. I try not to let it get to me. So far, no one has asked me if I’m her grandmother (note to self: be sure to thank my hairdresser for the fine job she does covering my grays).
3) I haven’t eaten red meat since I was 16. Originally, I didn’t want to eat anything with a face, but now I just can’t digest it anymore.
4) I hate tomatoes, but I love tomato by-products like spagetti sauce, salsa, etc. Go figure.
5) I type 70 WPM. Even faster on a good day. Figures that the only A+ I ever got in school was in typing.
6) I haven’t talked about it much here, but I’m something of a computer nerd. I’ve been designing web sites like this one for about 12 years, and I did the design for this blog and the recent holiday redecoration. I seldom meet a gadget that I don’t like (However, I have met a few that didn’t like me. Yes, I’m talking about you, Mr. Sony Digital Voice Recorder.).
7) My favorite color is pink. You probably guessed that from the color of this blog (before the aforementioned holiday redecoration).
Ok, the next rule is that I nominate seven bloggers to receive this award. This is by no means an easy task because I read so many blogs that it’s so hard to choose just seven. But here are a few oldies, newbies, and in-betweenies that I enjoy:
Please visit these bloggers and say hello!
Once again, thank you to the ladies who have given me this award. And thanks to YOU, anyone who reads my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by!