Because Mommies Worry

My little girl is having surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids this morning.

If you would be so kind as to remember her in your thoughts and prayers today, I would be most grateful.

Elizabeth is a genealogy and family history researcher, writer, and consultant. She adores good grammar and spelling, and believes the Oxford Comma is just misunderstood. Thrives on large quantities of coffee. One daughter, two rescued hounds, and a plethora of missing ancestors keep her on her toes.

1. Sending my best thoughts to the little one (and to Mom and Dad, too!)

2. Definitely will do so, Elizabeth. And from a mother who had two children go through repeated myringotomies (tubes placed in ears) and one of them with the adenoid removal, let me tell you, those surgeries really are worth it to combat all the troublesome ear and sinus infections!

Keep us updated when you have time.

3. Elizabeth, my thoughts and prayers are with your family.
    ~Regina

4. Oh dear, I hope it all goes well. I’m sure it will. Best wishes for you both.

5. Certainly thinking of her (and you with all the worry!) I’m sure the surgery will go well.

6. Keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers all day. I had my tonsils and adenoids out as a child since I grew up with chronic problems – as Miriam said it really does make a difference!

7. Will do – let us know how everything goes.

8. You have all our thoughts and prayers and then some. Please keep us posted as you have time.

9. Thanks for your kind words left on my blog! I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers!

10. Hope your daughter is feeling better today and is ready to eat something! In the long run this surgery should really help her, and you too! Keeping you in my thoughts!

11. Thank you ALL for your kind thoughts and prayers. Knowing that so many people out in blogland were thinking about us really helped get me through a very difficult few days.

It was dicey there for a while, but daughter is definitely feeling much better now. There is truly nothing worse than a child who is hurting – it really tears your heart out.

12. Hi there. I hope everything is getting better quickly. I remember having my tonsils out back in the day when it was quite invasive. They probably have better jello now too.
    You are so right about how our kids tear at our heartstrings when they are not well and mine are 22 and 26.

Translate »